We may be a regional hospital, but we're very much part of our local community.
We believe it's important to play a leading role in offering both charitable and community outreach support to specific projects and programs that enrich the lives of area residents.
The medical center's guidelines for support of community organizations provide an opportunity for Baltimore Washington Medical Center to back efforts on behalf of the local community, reinforce relationships with customers, community leaders, other non-profit organizations and government officials, while recognizing a marketing and community relations benefit.
Our charitable and community outreach programs support organizations that align with the medical center's mission and business goals. These types of organizations assist people in crisis, focus on health promotion, education, civic and community issues, and contribute positively to the community's quality of life. The medical center will also consider supporting organizations that focus on specific issues of importance to Baltimore Washington Medical Center, such as children, families, diversity, and organizations that provide a marketing and community relations benefit to us.
The primary goals of our charitable philanthropy and community outreach program are:
- Support organizations that align with our mission and work on issues we care about.
- Support locally based non-profit organizations that rely on community contributions and volunteers.
- Sponsor events and enhance the marketing awareness and community relations of the medical center.
Types of requests suitable for funding:
- Sponsorships and events such as galas, golf outings, etc.
- Membership fees such as leadership programs and corporate memberships.
- Support for a specific issue in alignment with BWMC's mission and business goals (this should support the business development objectives of the medical center and can also be supported by in-kind contributions).
Specific criteria for sponsorships, in-kind donation requests and community outreach support:
- The organization should provide broad-based, unbiased health information to the public in areas closely aligned with BWMC's core services.
- The organization should be in good standing with the community and have goals consistent with the mission and image of BWMC.
- The organization should assign 75% or more of its expenses to charity, health information and research.
- The request is from an organization in a community in which BWMC or an affiliation serves.
If an organization and/or request for sponsorship and/or community outreach support meet these initial criteria, additional considerations may include:
- Market reach
- Method of distribution
Baltimore Washington Medical Center will consider sponsorship from all types of organizations. Multi-year pledges will not be considered.
Process for Requesting Support
All requests for charitable and/or community outreach support should be submitted electronically using the Donation/Support Form at least eight weeks prior to the date of the event. This form is also available through the Baltimore Washington Medical Center Marketing and Communications Department, 300 Hospital Drive, Suite 218 - (410) 787-4367. All requests are evaluated on a timely basis.
Support is often requested in exchange for public recognition, such as ads in programs and other publications, sponsorship for athletic teams or clubs. Requests for sponsorship/advertising will be considered in light of how the requesting organization's goals and values fit with Baltimore Washington Medical Center, the value of the sponsorship/advertising, other area businesses participating with the organization and extent of visibility of the event.
All contributions and support are tracked by the our Marketing and Communications Department as part of the reporting requirement set by the Maryland HSCRC Community Benefits Reporting Requirements (both dollar value of time and cash contributions, as well as an evaluation of the event or sponsorship).
Click here to go to the Event Sponsorship Registration Form.